Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find a job description to hire a new Senior Administrative Officer?
2. How can I advertise a job with LGANT?
Email email@example.com and we'll post the job for you. Members can use this job service for ANY job in your government (e.g. lifeguard, finance director, band manager, electrician, etc.) for free on our website, LGANT's social media, and Civicjobs.ca.
3. Does LGANT provide funding for me to attend the Annual LGANT Conference & AGM?
LGANT supports ONE person per community to attend the annual conference. You must be an LGANT Regular member to be eligible for financial assistance, and you are responsible for the first $1000 of your expenses (e.g. air or ground travel accommodations, meals). For more information, see LGANT Regular Member Travel Policy.
LGANT members who are part of a First Nation band of Tribal Council may be eligible to have their expenses fully paid by Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC). CIRNAC does not pay incidentals and there are these are the responsibility of the Regular Member or First Nation Band. This includes air or ground travel, accommodation, and meals. It does not include incidentals. In the past, CIRNAC has provided support for one (1) individual per First Nation band or Tribal Council to attend the LGANT conference. For more information, see the LGANT Regular Member Travel Policy for Band Managers.
4. Where can I get a travel form to have my expenses reimbursed after the LGANT conference?
Forms can be downloaded. For Band Managers click here, for Non-Band Mangers click here. Please complete and sign, scan, and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail the claim form and receipts. Expense claims that do not have this travel form completed cannot be processed. .
5. How do I pay my LGANT membership?
We now accept credit cards in addition to cheques. Please make cheques out to Local Government Administrators of the NWT. To pay by credit card, call our office at 867-765-5630.
6. There are changes to my LGANT membership from the year before, how do I update it?
7. I need advice from someone else doing this job to help me find a solution. Can LGANT help?
We sure can. Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call. If we don't have resources immediately available, we can circulate an anonymous email to fellow members asking for their feedback and advice on your issue.
8. I'm drafting policies for Council review and don't know where to start. Where can I find sample policies?
Check out the Templates page under Policies here. If you can't find what you need, please contact us and we'll do everything we can to find you what you need.
9. My Council and I need some help to work together more effectively. What help is available?
Call our office at 876-765-5630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with all the resources and information we have to help you and your team work better together.
10. Can you provide me with salary information on hiring government staff?
In 2020 we asked our members to fill out our Wage and Benefits Survey. We have collected the information and compiled into an easy to read PDF that we are able to share with our members. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to send you this information.
In 2023, we asked our members to fill our a similar Wage and Benefits Survey. We will have those results out soon.